Thursday, March 5, 2009

"That's Good, but How Does it Taste?" = Delicious

I've heard about Delicious for a long time. But, like a lot of things on the internet, I figured it was best left in the pit. I definitely see some merits here, however I'm not sure the functions still hold true. Most of my bookmarks are existing sites with easy to remember urls, and half the time I never bother around with my bookmarks anyway as all the sites appear in the address bar the moment I type in the first letter of their urls.

Unique pages I typically have saved on Gmail; and like Delicious I can access Gmail anywhere, so I don't really see much of a point.

On the other hand, I did notice a few users who shared some of the same sites on their bookmarks as I did in mine -- about 80 other users had my site, Anime Academy.com, as their bookmark. Sure that may not be astronomical but it's something. I guess this does make it a bit easier to share bookmarks with other like-minded users, so that's a good thing, I suppose.

I'll tool around with it a bit more. It's easy for me to get lost in a websites functions (as was probably evident in my other posts), but I didn't "fall" for delicious just yet.

~KO

No comments:

Post a Comment