Thursday, March 26, 2009

Web 2.0 Awards - Zango

This was probably my favorite. No surprise there, I suppose. Here is Zango.com, feel free to go there and do what I did: waste a complete hour of your time.

A little background, I game a lot but not as much as I used to. Sure, I own a Nintendo DS with a decent library of games, but I don't obsess over them like a lot of my friends do. Oftentimes, I will go on gaming website just to see what they have to offer. So, I decided to give Zango a shot.

It doesn't just offer games, mind you, it does have an interesting selection of wallpapers and videos. Though the videos seem like stuff that was specifically designed to make people on web forums LOL themselves silly, and the wallpapers seem no different than what talented 16 year-olds put up on Deviantart.

The games are pretty good though. However, most of them require the user to download them onto their computer. This wasn't a problem for me, but I couldn't see why someone can't just play them RIGHT OFF THE BROWSER. Newgrounds has been doing that for more years than I can remember, surely Zango (which hasn't been around nearly as long) could work something out.

I think some of the games do not require downloads, but I wasn't able to find any. Still, if you're craving that quick fix of flash game fun for free, then this is a pretty good site.

~KO

No comments:

Post a Comment