Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Librarything (Part 4)

Author's Note: I realized that many of my blog posts have not appeared on this damnable site. Luckily, I managed to save most of them, but I still have the oh-so fun task of posting them all over again.

Librarything is pretty fun. I mean, how else can I brag about my collection of graphic novels and Japanese comics to my online buddies?*

What I like is how you can use either the Library of Congress classification system or Amazon.com's. I feel bad because I've been using Amazon's classification as well. Although, it's not always accurate.

Some things are classified strangely though, mostly graphic novels. For example, (NERD ALERT) my Usagi Yojimbo books are classified by subtitle. So, Usagi Yojimbo, Book 14: Demon Mask is listed as Demon Mask (Usagi Yojimbo, Book 14). However, my Fables collection doesn't have that problem. All the books are classified as Fables, Vol # : Subtitle. I know this can be adjusted, but when your graphic novel collection reaches over 100+ books, it becomes highly annoying.

What's that? Oh yes, here's my account.

On a final note, the Zeitgeist tab does make me dizzy, just looking at it though. @_@

~KO

*they're real! Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment